A famous writer, Maya Angelou said, ‘You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.’ We are incredibly fortunate that our Holy Trinity ‘family’ is such a strong, caring and supportive community who can all rely on one another. Please do keep in touch with and help one another, we will send out updates and keep you as informed as we possibly can.
As you are aware the school closed on Monday 23rd March. At the moment, we do not know how long this closure might last but it might be up until the summer holidays although it might be a lot shorter.
We will be offering a child care facility for the children of Key Workers who do not have another family member or friend who can look after their children whilst they are at work. This facility will also be available for children who have an EHCP. Whilst we are more than happy to provide this facility, it does bring numbers of children and adults together in groups so, if you have vulnerable family members, this might not be appropriate for you. The timings of this offer will be 8.00am to 3.15pm . We have now closed the school kitchen so please make sure that any children attending have a packed lunch and any snacks that the may need through the school day.
If you do wish to take up this offer the school should have already been informed. Please let us know exactly what support you need each week so that we can plan staff accordingly.
‘Home Learning’ resources have been made available for the children to complete at home. We are also uploading daily Maths and English tasks onto the Seesaw platform that all children can access with their own passwords. Children should also be able to access resources on School 360 and for Class 4 and 5 Times Tables Rock Stars. There are many other resources that are being made available to parents to use to support home learning which we have shared with you through our communications systems, please follow the links below to what we have shared so far -
- Guide to Home Learning
- Home Learning Resources 1
- Home Learning Resources 2
- Northumberland School Improvement Team padlet of home and school learning resources - https://nlandeducation.padlet.org/gill_finch2/home
- Online Safety Letter
- Prevent Online Safety card Northumbria Police
- Ideas of activities for children from Berwick Parish Church - http://www.
- Home Learning ideas from Northumberland County Council - https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1nHmWBgiJPyRPaboL1KfGpYxxyItECny7PhemECNea3E/present?slide=id.g7f7db3a549_2_4
- Department for Education list of online education resources for home education - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-online-education-resources/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-online-education-resources-for-home-education
- Coronavirus (COVID19) Information Leaflet
Keeping children happy and safe online during COVID-19
- UK Government Coronavirus Information Leaflet
- NSSP Keeping Children Happy and Safe Online During COVID-19
- Important Information from Operation Encompass
- 21st April Communication and Resources Letter to Parents
As I mentioned earlier, we do not know how long these new measures will be in place. The government have cancelled all SATs tests, and other external exams. This will not reflect badly on our children and we will be in regular contact with our partnership schools to ensure that transition in September still works very smoothly.
Just as you are likely to be a little concerned and confused by what is going on, so are some of our children for whom change and uncertainty can be difficult. We all need to be filling them with confidence and love, making sure they feel secure and happy. If, at any point, you feel your child is really struggling then please do drop us an email and we will do what we can to help.
My very best wishes to you all.
You can view the government guidance for education settings here.
Public Health Agency advice on Covid19