COVID-19 Home Education Resources
Remote Education Support
Where a class, group or small number of pupils need to self-isolate, or there is a local lockdown requiring pupils to remain at home, we will be ready to provide quality remote education resources.
In developing our plans, we will endeavour to:
- use a curriculum sequence that allows access to high-quality online and offline resources and teaching videos and that is linked to our curriculum expectations
- give access to high quality remote education resources
- select the online tools that will be consistently used across the school in order to allow interaction, assessment and feedback
- provide printed resources, such as textbooks and workbooks, for children who do not have suitable online access
- recognise that younger children and some children with SEND may not be able to access remote education without adult support work with our families to deliver a broad and ambitious curriculum
When teaching children remotely, we will endeavour to:
- set assignments so that children have meaningful and ambitious work each day in a number of different subjects
- teach a planned and well-sequenced curriculum so that knowledge and skills are built incrementally, with a good level of clarity about what is intended to be taught and practised in each subject
- provide frequent, clear explanations of new content, delivered by a teacher in the school or through high-quality curriculum resources or videos
- gauge how well children are progressing through the curriculum, using questions and other suitable tasks and set a clear expectation on how regularly teachers will check work
- enable teachers to adjust the pace or difficulty of what is being taught in response to questions or assessments, including, where necessary, revising material or simplifying explanations to ensure pupils’ understanding
- plan a programme that is of equivalent length to the core teaching our children would receive in school, ideally including daily contact with teachers
We will consider these expectations in relation to the children's age, stage of development or special educational needs., for more information please read our Remote Education Policy and our Remote Education Provision Parent Information Document.
Keeping in touch - School/Home Communication
The Seesaw platform will remain our main form of communication between teachers and our families and all children can access the platform securely with their own passwords.
We will continue to use the platform to communicate with parents throughout 2020-21 so that our families are familiar with its operation and can communicate effectively and with ease with their chidren's class teacher.
Alternatively plaese contact the school by phone - 01289 306142 or email email@example.com
Online Education Resources for Home Learning
Our guide for creating a positive environment for home learning.
Our children can access resources on School 360.
Class 4 and 5 children have access to Times Tables Rock Stars.
Ideas of activities for children from Berwick Parish Church.
Keeping children happy and safe online during COVID-19.
The Department for Education has produced a quality-assured list of remote education resources which are available to schools and parents for free over the summer term.
Please follow the links below to access the resources available for each subject area.
Online English Resources for home-education.
Online Maths Resources for home-education.
Online Science, PE, wellbeing and SEND Resources for home-education.
10 top tips for parents to support children to read.
Home education tips for parents.
DfE online education resources : legal disclaimer.
Resources from Northumberland County Council
Northumberland County Council online resources.
Northumberland Coronavirus supporting children and young people padlet.
The School Improvement Team home and school learning resources padlet.
Managing Bereavements and Loss in Northumberland Schools padlet.
Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2: KS1 and KS2 Home Learning Link.
Northumberland Strategic Safeguarding Partnership - Keeping children happy and safe online.